Thursday, April 22, 2010

"One Day, All Babies Will Be Born Healthy"

This is the newest theme for the March of Dimes, an organization supporting healthy beginnings for children and programs for children’s health. They are hosting their largest fundraising event in Charleston this Sunday, April 25th at 2pm. The 2010 March for Babies Walk will be held at the State Capitol complex.

The West Virginia Junior College student body has formed a team to participate in the walk and the WVJC Medical Club raffled off two baskets of goodies with proceeds donated to the March of Dimes.

Come be a part of this wonderful event with the West Virginia Junior College. Bring your family and friends and bring your ‘sneaks’ and a rain jacket and join us, rain or shine!

Blessings,
Cindy Campbell
WVJC Medical Program Coordinator

5 comments:

  1. Me and my family went to the march of dimes. It made me feel like I was making a difference just by being there. I plan to continue this every year because I have a 9 month old baby myself and I don't know what I would do if she was one of those babies that are sick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a Daycare provider for 3 years and worked with children of the ages of 2 and under. To be able to walk in this event would be very fulfilling and rewarding. No child should have to suffer and I definetly agree with this walk and benefit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this article.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At the present time, this is only a far off dream. All mothers wish their babies to be healthy and happy but not all are as lucky as others. Science will continue to strive for endless perfection, but mothers see their babies as perfect bundles of love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful idea to work towards and I support it all the way. However, we are dealing with the human race that have "Free Will" and that means we can and will do stupid things...yes even if it endangers the health of the people and things we are suppose to LOVE. I pray that one day every single person on our planet will start thinking about how the things they do effect those all around them and not just themselves. LAC

    ReplyDelete