Wednesday, February 3, 2010

American Idol - Denver | WVJC Recap

Well, it was one more pretty disappointing stop on the American Idol Audition Tour overall. It looked as though quite a bit of talent made it through unfortunately once again we didn’t get to see much of it. I did however find a few of the contestants noteworthy. For starters I find it easier to give everyone a nickname helps me remember them the next day.

“Drew Carey” a single dad from Denver performed much to my liking ‘Tempted.’ It was smooth a sweet and I enjoyed the performance and the honesty in his back story. He apparently spent most of his early childhood on the run with his mother. He and his mother moved to various places around the country without permission from his father. They were in Maui, Hawaii when his father found him and brought him back to Denver.

“Wig Girl” That’s really all I have to say about her. I was not impressed and it was pretty clear she was rocking a wig and singing about rogaine? I am not thrilled she made it through; I did however find her daughter adorable.
“David Beckham 2” He wasn’t the best audition of the night but his back story also got me. At 21 he was in a bad motorcycle accident and it changed his view on life from there on. Plus I am a sucker for a guy with a guitar. He had a nice voice but it was pretty obvious he was nervous. But I think Posh Spice liked him because he strongly resembled her husband David Beckham after the girls asked him to take his hair down.

“The MILF.” The MILF unfortunately turned out to be only 16! I thought at first glance this was her chance at a final addition and that one of the 15 small children with her at the audition belonged to her. She is a beautiful girl but, I really thought she was 27 or 28. Sad when I discovered she was just old enough to audition. I really didn’t care for her John Mayer cover but the judges liked it and sent her to Hollywood.

“Helium Girl” I never caught whether or not she was actually an American. They spent most of her audition either making fun of her voice or commending her on flying 14 hours to get to the audition. Neither of which were interesting. Her voice sounded well beyond oxygen deprived but she sang in a much deeper tone? Not sure how that one works but her she could do well in Hollywood if she chooses not to speak and just sings everything. I am also pretty sure there are people at these auditions who have driven 14 hours (or so) to get there. I am willing to bet a plane ride is much more comfortable than a car ride!

“Crack Salesman Kenny” The entire intro for Kenny was him standing on a street corner scream-singing at people. My very first though is he probably slings crack on that corner which was kinda scary to begin with. But then, the audition was borderline scary as well. Kenny continued on after being told “NO” by Scream-singing ‘Go-go-go-go –go-go’ as they judges were verbally ushering him out. He just knew he had what the judges were looking for. Nope, sorry Kenny back to the street corner to sale your Cra- a- a- a- a- a- a- ck!

“Country Cross Over” I struggled with 1) naming her and 2) if I should even include her. But, she made it to Hollywood, so I am. “CCO” sang a Carrie Underwood tune. Which by all accounts, is a difficult thing to do. But I did not like her voice or see anything really Hollywood worthy about her. But, once again, the judges have spoken and she got through.

“Bikini Boy” I stuck with his already given nickname. I found it very appropriate that all the judges just stood up and walked out as soon as he finished the first line of the song. It was nothing short of a waste of valuable film time that could have been used on someone worthwhile!

Let us know your thoughts on this week's American Idol! We look forward to hearing what you think.


SD

2 comments:

  1. whats wrong with people doin what they do when they do it i mean its what people do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. angela for extra creditMay 20, 2010 at 10:05 AM

    You know I agree with the person above i mean its there life its their choice they wanna embarrasse themselves then let them, they can do what they want to do its their right too, just cause someone saids yout no good doesnt mean you have to give up on what you do, just keep trying too, people do have feelings but some of those people really shouldnt even try though , but thats what i think

    ReplyDelete