Friday, May 28, 2010

Education Matters...Age Doesn't

I would like to take an opportunity today to discuss something on a personal level regarding the West Virginia Junior College…Something that touches my heart.

It seems as though education and the emphasis on learning is placed on our youth and I do think this is vital. Your childhood is where learning begins to take place…it is when your values and morals are set and it is when the importance of education is instilled in your life. But, is this the only time the learning process is important? I don’t think so.

I think the importance of learning should be emphasized no matter how old you are. That is one of my favorite things about West Virginia Junior College…I can look in the hallway of our school any day and see an age variety from 17 to 50+ years old and I think this is incredible. You are never too old to continue learning and you should never stop striving to be more than what you are

So, no matter how old you are, I’d like to take this time to say congratulations to our students…Congratulations on striving to be more…on training to become a professional…and congratulations on continuing your education. We are so glad to be a part of your life.

-JT

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you so much..I am BEST FRIENDS =) with the youngest girl here and you know who that is lol and she is a hard worker and an amazing person. Age is just a number. No matter how old you are, as long as you set your mind to it.
    Love ya
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also agree,age does not matter.I am almost 40 years old and just now starting college and this college gives me so much potential and great advice and wonderful instructors.I am so glad I chose to finally persue my career.I am so proud of myself.Exactly age does not matter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think age matters because my aunt is almost 45 and she is still in school and has been in school for 8 years. I think that education means everything because you can't have a good job without a good education.

    ReplyDelete